- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Famster does not own or control, or to people that Famster does not employ or manage.
- This policy covers how Famster treats personal information that Famster collects and receives, including information related to your past use of Famster products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
Table of Contents
- Verification of Age and Parental (or Guardian) Status
- Information Collection and Use
- Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
- Confidentiality and Security
- Questions and Suggestions
- Children under 13 are not allowed to register for Famster accounts. It is Famster's policy not to collect information from children under 13.
- If you are the Parent or Legal Guardian of a child under 13 who has become a Famster member, please follow the instructions here to request that we shut down your child's site.
- For more information about protecting your child's privacy online, please visit the "OnGuard Online" website maintained by the Federal Trade Commission.
Persons under the age of 13 are not permitted to become Famster
members and it is Famster's policy not to collect any personally
identifiable information from persons under 13. If you discover that your
child under the age of 13 has obtained a Famster account, you may alert
Famster and request that Famster close the account by sending an email to
In this case Famster verifies that you are the child's parent or legal
guardian by asking you to provide the following information:
- Your child's full name
- Your child's Famster Name
- Your child's birthday
- Your full name
- Your relationship to the child (parent or legal guardian)
- Your full mailing address
- Your daytime and evening telephone number
- Your email address
- A signed statement that you are 18 or older and the child's parent or legal guardian.
- Famster uses this information in order to verify that you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 13. We retain this information in order to keep a record or our verification that you are the parent or legal guardian of your child under 13.
- Famster collects personal information when you register with Famster, when you use Famster products or services, when you visit Famster pages or the pages of certain Famster partners, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes. Famster may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- Famster uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
- When you register we ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, zip code, occupation, industry, and personal interests.
- Famster collects information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners.
- Famster automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, Famster cookie information, and the page you request.
- Famster does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Famster under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help Famster communicate with you about offers from Famster and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims
- We have a parent's permission to share the information if the user is a child under age 13. Parents have the option of allowing Famster to collect and use their child's information without consenting to Famster sharing of this information with people and companies who may use this information for their own purposes
- Famster displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria - for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
- Famster advertisers may include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such as stores, airlines, and software companies).
- Famster does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- Famster works with vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers in different industries and categories of business. For more information regarding providers of products or services that you've requested please read our detailed reference links.
- Famster lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to Famster's cookies.
- Famster may set and access Famster cookies on your computer.
- You can edit your Famster Account Information, including your marketing preferences, at any time.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Famster service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the Famster Newsletter, that are considered part of your Famster account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
- New categories of marketing communications may be added to the Marketing Preferences page from time to time. Users who visit this page can opt out of receiving future marketing communications from these new categories or they can unsubscribe by following instructions contained in the messages they receive.
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- Famster may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Famster account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
If you have questions or suggestions, please complete a feedback form or you can contact us at:
250 Pilot Road Suite 300
Las Vegas, Nevada 89119
Effective Date: June 15, 2006